Friday, October 8, 2010

Freedom

I feel an amazing sense of freedom today. To start, it’s an absolutely beautiful day outside. The colors are just starting to turn, and it’s 80 degrees without a cloud in the sky. I knocked out a long run and was cheered on by a few homeless guys in the park downtown as I looped around a couple of times. That was cool. They raised their arms and smiled. I clapped my hands and yelled, “Just keep going, brothers! Keep going!” It was exhilarating.

October is one of my two favorite times of the year. The last week of March and first week of April, complete with March Madness and Opening Day in baseball would be the other favorite. The baseball playoffs have just started, and Halloween, always one of my favorite holidays, caps off the month where fall begins to meet winter and the mountains turn into a canvas complete with 10 shades of orange. My birthday is in a couple of weeks, too. Can’t forget that.

Things seem to be taking shape. The book finally has a little momentum again, I’m scheduled for my personal training exam, and I’m meeting with my yoga instructor next week in Atlanta about becoming a certified yoga instructor. I’ve been on a path leading to this place for quite some time, but it feels so different to actually experience it. I attribute that directly to the decision not to attend the trial. It’s as if this weight, this prison that I felt bound to, has been lifted. It means that I don’t have to fear reliving the events of what happened that day anymore. It means that I don’t have to wait for someone else to give me closure. It means that I’ve taken back controlof my life. It means that I’m free to live now. It means that I have nothing restricting me from doing what it is I want to do and when I want to do it. It means that I was able to humble my ego enough to realize that the smart move is to let it be, and not give that negative energy any of my own. It means that I am walking with the light, and am making a conscious decision to shut out the dark. It means that the future has nothing but limitless potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment