Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Living

What to write…what to write. I’ve been in a great space for about a week now. I don’t have any stories to share off the top of my head, and frankly I’ve been too focused on my current day and potential of the future to spend much time dwelling on the past.

I’ve been living.

There is nothing out there that can compete with the immense power of a complete connection to the moment. To have no expectations. To sit with wonderment about the beauty of life’s unpredictability. I’ve had a prolonged stretch of being in that moment for the most part, and all I can share at this time is just how good it feels to be there. Everything is fleeting, so I know I’ll have other down periods and challenges, but right now I’m basking in it. I don’t have any real expectations, but I am starting to see the abundance and potential that life has in store for me at the same time. I don’t know exactly what direction it’s going to come from, but it’s there. I’ve been in a space where all is right with my connection to the universe, to the “light.”  I look around and see every single person in my life as serving a purpose of some sort, with a particular lesson to learn from each, even if that relationship is as fleeting as that of a short interaction with someone on the train. And when I’m here, life becomes the greatest wave in the world to surf. As time continues to move on, older relationships deepen and greater connections with new people become the norm. With that, the feelings of being grounded become greater. Walking this world in my shoes seems like a pretty good idea right about now, and I’m just soaking it all in.

1 comment:

  1. Brings to mind my favorite MLK Jr. quote...to paraphrase: Free at last, free at last. Thank God almighty, I'm free at last.

    ReplyDelete